Tuesday 14 August 2012

70. The God of War

Huge chains hang from trees outside my own window
as though something monsterous is unleashed to the World
A big shadow moves, touches, envelopes me
a giant of a man with the face of an Uncle

Fear dissipates, and love comes to my heart
as he holds me, comforts me, surrounds and protects me
and all of a sudden, I'm on the marae atea
surrounded by Titans from beyond our own World

The words from my mouth now punch and accentuate
to cast off and put down, all these monsters I see
The power of words both forceful and loud
now dance on the ears and the hearts of these Lords

Tumatauenga, the Atua of War
stands behind me and moves me, just like a puppet
My head tilts in derision, my arms wrap the World
while I squat, twist, and jump - beguiling the crowd

And to the back of the whare do I now serve the kai
baked potatoes and sour cream and pizzas with cheese
New lessons I've learnt about things such as pōwhiri
the true nature of man; the fighter - provider...



No comments:

Post a Comment