Sunday 26 August 2012

75. Stripped of sound

Putting trim milk in my tea
I turn to see the lounge no more
In it's place - an ugly Vortex
a spinning dirty, big Black Hole

I calmly turn and walk away
ignoring things which don't exist
and through the hallway of the house
are doors no more but Galaxies

Sharp headed creatures with dark black skin
crawl along the walls and ceiling
and upside down they leer at me
smiling, swiping and grinning too

My partner starts to see a shadow
and flatmates begin to feel uncomfortable
they feel as though they're being watched
and the house is really cold

Growing fearful for my house
and all my friends and family
I put myself right in between
Hell itself and those I love

From deep, deep down inside my stomach
resounding from within my heart
I begin to say a little prayer
until I start to cough and choke

I begin to shout and start to stammer
opening every door and cupboard
until I'm in my own bedroom
where total darkness engulfs me now

It's here with me in my own room
with nowhere else for it to go
and trapped with me I now begin
to greet the Heavenly Departed

Instead of might, instead of hate
instead of anger, instead of fear
Nervously I greet these souls
with humility and with grace

As I urge them on their path
towards Te Reinga and the Light
the darkness now begins to fade
as the Sunshine comes back in

I take a turn about the house
and hear my whare (house) stripped quite bare
where sound itself now echoes softly
off the walls and off the ceiling






No comments:

Post a Comment